Friday, June 8, 2007

Oh my gawd! It was like totally awesome!!

Okay, so I'm going to a 80's themed birthday party next Saturday, so today I went to Ventura to scout the thrift stores for things to wear to the party. WOW!! I got an especially lovely black and white number with shoulder pads that would make a football player drool. It was on sale for .99 cents-marked down from 2.99. I also found a fabulous pair of shoes, although they were kind of expensive at 4.99 :-) (note, when I got home I noticed that the shoes had NEVER been worn-making them an even better deal). The shoes are really cute on and are pretty comfortable and perhaps best of all...I can actually walk in them. Well, okay, "walk" might be a bit of a stretch, but I can stroll better in these shoes than any other high heel that I've had.






















Then...if that wasn't enough...I found a pink wig for my flamingo costume. It was a whopping 1.99! Oh, how I LOVE thrift stores!!!!!!!!
I also found this pretty pillow case that wasn't much either. Then, I went across the street and...well, let's just say, you might want to put some sunglass on...I found this cute, albeit bright, little half apron. Looks like it's 70's. It's really cute and has white ric-rac on the pocket and bottom hem. I also bought a large amount of fabric (black background with medium-sized pretty yellow flowers) for 3.95. I had to really think about this one. I figured that I had purchased about 4 yards of fabric for 3.95 that had probably orginally sold for about 9+ dollars a yard, so I figured it was a pretty darned good deal. I also (yes, there's more :-) ) got some cute skorts for working down at the workshop and also for when I go bike riding, some cute shorts, a few tops and many other things. All-in-all it was a most productive thrift store visit. Although, I did miss Grace/Katmom and Debi/Mima.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

some fun finds for you there. oh my those shoulder pads do look different in that dress. lol maybe after the party you can convert it to a skirt.
that apron..wow!bright! charming though. the pillowcase is nice..lots of cute embroidery. and the wig..oh my goodness..yep..very "flamingo pink" lol
here's hoping you have a great day.
~Tina Michelle