Sunday, July 1, 2007

Weeks before the big day

Humble beginnings...














These are two high school students that came down to the workshop to volunteer and ended


up helping me put primer on the float.


















As you can see it is slowly (very slowly beginning to take shape.














































Flamingo Keara came down to help put some colour onto the float. Good thing she's tall. She was able to reach all those places that the rest of us needed a ladder for :-)


In my "spare time" (about 20 minutes around 6am) I managed to make this apron for my friend, Summer, who was having an 80's themed party. She loves to cook and loves Strawberry Shortcake. I bought the pattern from Sewmamasew.com. And while it was "fun" to make I had a lot of problems understanding the pattern-much to my mothers chagrin. She's a professional seamstress and can't quite get over the fact that I'm not a great sewer and don't understand things the way she does. In the end she ended up helping me, albeit grudingly, to finish the apron in time for the party. I don't think I'll plan on making anything during the week leading up to the parade again.. It was waaaaaaay too stressful. I was working on my skirt and top and then the apron also. It was just crazy and I don't recommend it.




No comments: