Sunday, July 1, 2007

80's here we come!!

Well, here we are at the 80's birthday party. I've gotta say, as bad as some of the new fashions are...none will ever compete with the fashions of the 1980's! The crowd really outdid themselves. It was a lot of fun! Summer rented a school bus for us to ride down to the skating rink on.
Here's the birthday girl! That's Summer on her first day of being 30. So far, so good.





We played 80's trivia on the bus and even got prizes. I was darned good at it...if I do say so myself.

My friend Adrienne didn't think she'd be able to make it to the party, but at the last minute she was able to come. She met us in the parking lot after we'd all arrived at the skating rink. I "forgot" to tell Summer that Adrienne was able to come....
As you can see it was a HUGE surprise!!! The last she'd heard was that there was no way that Adrienne would be able to make it. I'm so glad I didn't ruin the surprise.
Some of the guys had a little bit too much fun dressing up in 80's garb. This is Chuck, Rebecca's husband.
This guy just made me laugh everytime I looked at him! He came with a group of three guys who outdid themselves in the costume department. The best part was that they all had a really good sense of humour about it and didn't mind a little ribbing. Here's Monica showing off her prowess along with some sassy gloves and headband.

Margaret and Rebecca in all their 80's finest.
Even the cake was in theme.

Here's the whole scary group-well, most of it. Some had already taken off their skates to relax and others (like me, weren't skating, but taking pictures). I figured that skating was probably not a great choice since I was still recovering from breaking my arm.

It was a really fun party!!

No comments: