Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Flamingo has landed...

Here they are...in all their pink glory! My friend is letting us borrow them from the school she works for, since they were left over from a fundraiser they did. I must say, just looking at them makes me happy. Aaaaaaaaaaah!



In celebration of tomorrow's big National Apron Day I decided to take some pictures of a few of my aprons. The green one someone was getting rid of a few years back. Strangely she had a whole bag of them, just like this one. I'm not sure I want to know what they did at their house.
hahahaha. It is made from a very sheer fabric-more like a tea/formal apron (and possibly flammable). Anyway, I love the ric-rac flower in the middle and have been trying to figure out how to make some. I think they'd be a great addition to shirts, skirts, etc.
This one just made me smile. It is a take off of a german ? apron with the criss-cross at the top of it and it has very intricate embrodiery of a man on one pocket and a woman on the other. I'm waiting for just the right occassion to wear it.

I proudly support National Apron Day. Monday, May 14th, 2007.

No comments: