Monday, May 28, 2007

Just a quickie today before I dash off...

Yesterday I got to meet Grace/Katmom and Debi/Mima. It was so much fun! We got along wonderfully and had a really nice time together. We started the day with taking our apron picture in front of the Father Sierra statue in Ventura. Grace brought some wonderful aprons, one of which we were all trying to figure out how we could make one just like it. Debi brought some really cute aprons that she got from some of our friends at MJ's. One of them was made by Georgeann/Aunt George, which was just gorgeous. It was made from an embroidered table cloth and had just the cutest little pockets! Grace was so sweet and brought little gifts for both myself and debi. Wow!
That's Grace on the left and Debi on the right. We thought it would be good to show the California plam trees and the ocean in the picture, only it was kind of overcast, so the ocean doesn't show up as well as hoped.

Another shot before we headed out to lunch...

We went off the eat at the Nature Cafe and then off to the thrift stores. Everyone found something to get at one of the stores along the way. My first purchase was an embroidered tea towel for a whopping .50 cents, although I did spend significantly more than that at the fabric store later in the day.

Here's one of the dresses that I bought. This one was $1.95. I bought it to wear to a "celebrity waiter" dinner that I'm going to on Wednesday. I'm not sure which celebrity to go with-Marilyn, Jackie O...?


Now this one's just plain ugly on!!!!!!!! I look like a boy whose sister decided it would be fun to put him in one of her dresses while their parents were away for the day! Bleech! I bought it for an 80's themed party that I'm going to, but there is not one thing that is redeeming about this dress. Not one!! Well, it did only cost $1.95. I guess that's a positive. Needless to say this is the only time I'll be seen in this lovely little number.

Enjoy your day off!!!!

Here's to an enjoyable week...June is just a few days away....

1 comment:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Amanda, I love your blog and the title is great! You are so lucky to have been able to get together with other Farmgirls....I only wish Pennsylvania weren't so far from California! Love the aprons in Ventura....what fun!!

Bee Haven Maven